Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Robo-calls are annoying!

I want to preface this by saying that I'm a non-smoker. Nobody in my immediate family smokes. I would like to know if anybody else found the recent robo-call about additional taxes on cigarettes annoying? The robo-call has Dick Nourse saying that Utah residents, even non-smokers, pay a price for smoking. It then tries to get you to contact your legislator supporting a $2 per pack tax. I was glad when election day had come and gone because I thought it meant no more annoying political calls.

I may support higher taxes on cigarettes, however, a robo-call asking me to support it sours me on the idea.

1 comment:

BenJoeM said...

I was very surprised and annoyed. I don't mind robo-calls if they are short and to the point, but this one kept going and going.

Plus, not to be stereotypical of smokers, but Dick Norris sounded like a scratch smoker on the phone when he first started talking.