Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Florida, yes. Davis County, no.

An article in Computerworld talks about Florida residents having their Social Security Numbers and other private information posted on county websites. In the article, Sue Baldwin (who is director of the Broward County, Florida Records Division) is quoted as saying, "Land records are public all over the country. This is not a new situation," said Baldwin, adding that the same issue affects "all the counties in Florida ... [and] lots of states."
I saw this and knowing that Davis County has property records available on-line, I decided to make sure that those records did not include my private information. I went to Davis County's website and did a lookup for my property and could not find my private information. I'll sleep better tonight.

No comments: