Monday, January 14, 2008

Public Salaries

I've been frequenting www.utahsright.com for salary information on public officials. I decided to take a look in their forums and found that there are quite a few public employees that are miffed that their salary information is posted on-line with their name. Why do some have such an objection to this?

I feel that if they don't want the public (who they work for) to know their name along with their salary, they should go work somewhere else. I think people who object to this, forget that it is the citizens that provide for their employment. Is it wrong for me to know that MY City Administrator, Gary Uresk, makes $103,551.00 per year? Or that MY Chief of Police, Paul Howard, makes $88,658.00 per year? Or that MY Public Works Director, Scott Anderson, makes $81,934.00 per year? I don't think so.

*Salary information taken from www.utahsright.com.

No comments: