Tuesday, August 12, 2003

So I'm already falling behind at this.
I never mentioned that I'm also a City Council member in the great city of Woods Cross, Utah. Being a politician, I was very interested in the announcement yesterday of President Bush appointing Governor Mike Leavitt to be the administrator of the US EPA. This sure makes next year's race for governor wide open. The local papers have said that Leavitt was leading in all the polls. It will be interesting to see how the Senate hearings go for the gov.
In Woods Cross, we are gearing up for municipal elections this year. There are three seats on the City Council that are up for election. Two of the incumbents are running again. Rick Earnshaw is very popular and has done a good job. Tamy Dayley is the other incumbent running. She has made a lot of people upset and seems to have lost a considerable amount of support. I know of two other people who have filed for candidacy, Don Moore and Randen Funk. Don Moore has been on the City Council before and even served a short period as Mayor. He seems to be well liked in the community.
On another note, I sure love the Palm PDAs! I've been using Palm PDAs for about 7 years now. My current Palm is a Tungsten T. My favorite application on my Palm is MarkMyScriptures followed closely by Plucker. One of the sites that I use Plucker for is LDSPDA.com. There is some great information on this site about members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and ways they can use their PDA.

No comments: