Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Highlights from Woods Cross Citizen

This past year has been a great one here at the Woods Cross Citizen blog. This post will be my 108th post for the year. Some highlights of my posts over the past year:
  • In January I said goodbye to a great leader, President Gordon B. Hinckley of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I also posted about www.crimereports.com which still doesn't appear to have data from Woods Cross, but, does have data from Bountiful and North Salt Lake City. I also speculated about how much a City Council seat is worth to some people.
  • In February I answered the question of why I blog.
  • March brought the announcement that our Mayor had filed to run for the Utah State Senate. I also postulated on the propriety of City Council Members forwarding their own agenda.
  • During April I crossed two items off my bucket list and commented about curbside recycling beginning in Woods Cross. I also talked about our decision to purchase a vehicle from Murdock Chevrolet.
  • In May I sent questions to the Senate Candidates for Utah State Senate District 23.
  • June brought my 15th wedding anniversary as well as a meeting with Dan Liljenquist and my first ever lunch with a Democratic Candidate.
  • In July I received answers to my questions from the Senate District 23 candidates.
  • August began my series of posts giving the answers that I received from those candidates. Also in August, Dan Liljenquist survived a plane crash.
  • The only posts during September were more answers in my series of posts that began in August.
  • In October I announced that my job location would be changing. I also shared my position on California's Proposition 8, the Davis County Commission race, and the State Senate District 23 race.
  • At the end of November, I declared that I was happy to see the Utes go 12-0.
  • December started off by me saying goodbye to a great University of Utah fan. It ended with a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: