Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Anonymous or not?

In yesterdays Utah Policy Daily newsletter, they talk about posting anonymously on blogs. I have always had a policy of not posting anonymously to my blog and not allowing anonymous comments. The newsletter says, "Anyone who is confident in their opinions and positions ought to have enough courage to let readers know who they really are and not hide behind anonymity." I cannot agree more. If you are so afraid of your opinions, then I think that the politicians that you comment about should not listen to your opinion at all.
The newsletter also says, "Postings of anonymous bloggers ought not to be taken as seriously as postings of bloggers willing to put their real identities out there."
In my opinion, post with your true identity or don't post at all!

No comments: