Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Don't damage national unity!

An article on ZDNet talks about a law in Jordan that could punish bloggers who post things that are "damaging to national unity." I can't imagine what would happen if such a law ever passed in the US. I know that the chances of such a law being implemented here are slim to none, but, it still made me wonder what the effects would be.
It seems like most of the political blogging that happens in the U.S. of A. is damaging to national unity. Now what if we rounded up all those bloggers and put them in jail? I'm glad I live in the United States of America where I'm free to blog about anything that may be damaging to national unity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here Here Thad but there is a fine line between differing opinions and slander. We have to watch what we say right?

ThaddeusQ said...

You are absolutely right. We have to do our homework and make sure that what we say is the truth. If it is the truth, we can shout it from the roof tops.